Population Health in Action
The goal of a population health approach is to maintain and improve the health status of the entire population and to reduce inequities in health status between groups and subgroups.
Community Health Profile
AVH Position Statements
Annapolis Valley Health Advocacy Phase One Complete!
We all know that Annapolis Valley Health is committed to promoting and improving the health of individuals, families and communities. Did you know that Advocacy plays a key role in promoting health and assisting our staff in doing their jobs? Advocacy work at AVH strives to change the conditions in which our residents make decisions about their health and assists in creating supportive environments that enable them to make healthier choices.
AVH is committed to building capacity for advocacy work within our district. Phase One of the work is complete. AVH now has a District Health Authority Policy and Framework on Advocacy.
Watch for more communication from your AVH Advocacy Task Team (Fall 2010) on the policy, framework and what to watch for as Phase Two of the work begins. Until then check out the policy and framework by clicking on the link below.
Click here for AVH Advocacy Framework
- Policy: Population Health Approach to Planning and Decision-Making Within Annapolis Valley Health
- Population Health in Action Workbook
- Population Health Bookmark
- Population Health Committee: Vision, Purpose and Objectives
- Partnership Framework
- Building Food Security in Nova Scotia
- The Annapolis Valley Health Promoting School Project
- Healthy Beginnings Enhanced Home Visiting Initiative
- Women's Programming in Addiction Services