Your Way to Wellness
Your Way to Wellness (YW2W) is a self-management program for people living with chronic health conditions. YW2W is designed to help participants manage symptoms and gain the confidence needed to cope with on-going health conditions.
The programs are offered free of charge to participants in 2.5 hour sessions over six consecutive weeks, in community settings. Any adult over 18 years who has a chronic health condition or is a care giver for another person with a chronic condition may attend.
The weekly sessions are interactive and help participants:
- Build confidence to better manage their health
- Find better ways of dealing with pain and fatigue
- Manage stress and handle difficult emotions
- Discover easy exercises to help improve or maintain strength and energy
- Learn relaxation techniques
- Problem solve
- Learn the appropriate use of medications
- Improve nutrition
- Talk effectively with family, friends and health professionals
- Understand new treatment choices
- Feel better about life
Programs running in the spring of 2017 are outlined below!
Registration is required; it’s as easy as a phone call or an email. To register or for more information contact Kady Myers, 902-538-1315 or firstname.lastname@example.org.