Your Way to Wellness
Your Way to Wellness (YW2W) is a self-management program for people living with chronic health conditions. The Chronic Disease Self-Management Program was developed at Stanford University School of Medicine in California and is offered throughout the world. YW2W is designed to help participants manage symptoms and gain the confidence needed to cope with on-going health conditions.
The programs are offered free of charge to participants in 2.5 hour sessions over six consecutive weeks, in community settings. Any adult over 18 years who has a chronic health condition or is a care giver for another person with a chronic condition may attend.
The weekly sessions are interactive and help participants:
• Build confidence to better manage their health
• Find better ways of dealing with pain and fatigue
• Manage stress and handle difficult emotions
• Discover easy exercises to help improve or maintain strength and energy
• Learn relaxation techniques
• Problem solve
• Learn the appropriate use of medications
• Improve nutrition
• Talk effectively with family, friends and health professionals
• Understand new treatment choices
• Feel better about life
Registration is required; it’s as easy as a phone call or an email. To register or for more information contact Pat Lithgow-Rose 902.538.1315, email@example.com. You can also visit the provincial site at yourway2wellness.gov.ns.ca.
Upcoming Sessions - Register Now!
- Woodville Community Hall, every Tuesday starting February 26 to April 2, 2013, from 1p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Greenwood Family Resource Centre, AVM Morfee Centre, every Monday starting February 25 to April 1, 2013, 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Your Way to Wellness Programs are being planned for 2013 in the following locations:
Parker’s Cove, Bridgetown, Paradise, Lawrencetown, Middleton, Greenwood, Berwick, Woodville, Kentville, Kingsport, Wolfville, and Hantsport.
Your Way to Wellness is co-sponsored by Nova Scotia Health & Wellness and Annapolis Valley Health.