Help us shape our future
Nova Scotia Health Authority has made a commitment to involve citizens in establishing priorities and making decisions that matter to them and impact their lives, our community and the sustainability of our health care system.
We are seeking three community-minded individuals to bring a citizen’s eye and a citizen’s voice to the redesign of clinical service and patient care areas at Dartmouth General Hospital.
No special knowledge or skills are needed. The ideal person is someone who can use their experience as a patient or family member to help shape the plans being developed.
Those selected will have one or more of the qualifications below:
- Personal or family experience at Dartmouth General Hospital within the last 12 months.
- Can look at issues from more than one point of view.
- Can share honest points of view in a respectful way.
- Be reflective of diverse populations and perspectives in our community.
- Previous volunteer experience is an asset.
- Interested in making a positive contribution to patient care experiences and health care
- Sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Declare any potential conflicts of interest.
- Be available to attend daytime and/or evening meetings in HRM.
If you are able to devote time from January 2016 to March 2016 for daytime meetings, please contact us for more information or to apply.
Please note: These are volunteer positions. If this opportunity is of interest, send a letter and/or resume telling us why you are interested and why you believe you should be selected to join the Dartmouth General Hospital Facility Redesign Project. Applications can be emailed to Jean Young at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is Jan. 8, 2016. Successful applicants will begin participation late January 2016.