Registered Nurse - Ambulatory Care Clinics
Reporting to the Manager, Ambulatory Care, Valley Regional Hospital (VRH), the Registered Nurse works to full scope of practice as an independent practitioner within an inter-professional and collaborative team, providing holistic (addressing bio, psycho, social, cultural and spiritual needs), and comprehensive care for individuals, families, groups, populations and communities across the continuum of care. The RN provides leadership and applies advanced nursing knowledge within specific practice settings, and in-depth nursing knowledge, skills and judgment in providing care to all individuals (includes families, groups, populations and communities).
The RN ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and inter-professional collaboration are integrated within the services they provide and through the messages they deliver.
- Diploma RN or
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing
- Registered or eligible for registration in the Province of Nova Scotia
- Unit-specific equipment & technology
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support certification
- Demonstrated accountability
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills
- Motivated with a strong customer service orientation building solid health care client/partner relationships
- Demonstrated judgement and decision making skills
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Demonstrated planning, organization and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Commitment to promoting a culture which supports safety, ethical practice and organizational health
- Physical capability to perform the duties of the position
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Availability to work all shifts
- Travel to other sites may be required
Terms of Employment as per the current N.S.N.U. Collective Agreement and AVH Policies, Procedures and Practices
Position to commence as soon as suitable candidate is selected. Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records Check as well as a Child Abuse Registry Check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced policy
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.