Reporting to the Manager, Maternal and Child, Valley Regional Hospital (VRH), the Registered Nurse works to full scope of practice as an independent practitioner within an inter-professional and collaborative team, providing holistic (addressing bio, psycho, social, cultural and spiritual needs), and comprehensive care for individuals, families, groups, populations and communities across the continuum of care. The RN provides leadership and applies advanced nursing knowledge within specific practice settings, and in-depth nursing knowledge, skills and judgment in providing care to all individuals (includes families, groups, populations and communities).
The RN ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and inter-professional collaboration are integrated within the services they provide and through the messages they deliver.
- Diploma RN or Baccalaureate degree in nursing
- Registered or eligible for registration in the Province of Nova Scotia
- Minimum 2 years recent related experience in Labour and Delivery is required
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support certification
- Grey Nuns Breastfeeding program or commitment to complete within two (2) months of hire
- Knowledge of Unit-specific equipment & technology
- Commitment to District-wide initiatives to encourage, promote and support breastfeeding
- Demonstrated accountability for own practice
- Demonstrated judgement and decision making skills
- Motivated with a strong customer service orientation building solid health care client/partner relationships
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to work effectively in a multi – disciplinary team
- Demonstrated planning, organization and time management skills
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Availability to work all shifts
- Travel may be required
PREFERRED (Considered an Asset):
- CNA Certification in Perinatal Nursing
- Certification of Completion: Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
Terms of Employment as per current N.S.N.U. Collective Agreement and AVH Policies, Procedures and Practices
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is selected
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records check as well as a Child Abuse Registry check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced policy
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.