Licensed Pratical Nurse
Reporting to the District Manager, Respiratory, ICU, and Medical, Valley Regional Hospital (VRH), the Licensed Practical Nurse practices as a team member and works to full scope of practice, independently providing nursing care to individuals with stable health conditions and predictable health outcomes and consulting and practicing with other healthcare professionals when caring for individuals with unstable conditions and/or unpredictable health outcomes.
The Licensed Practical Nurse is a one of the collaborators in the Collaborative Care Model, participating in the provision of holistic, comprehensive care to meet the needs of individuals, families and groups.
As a member of the team, the Licensed Practical Nurse applies practical nursing theory in the assessment of patients, collaboration in the development of the nursing care plan, implementation of the care plan and ongoing evaluation of the patient.
The LPN ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the services they provide and through the messages they deliver.
- Eligible for registration with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Nova Scotia or currently licensed in the province of N.S.
- Completion of physical assessment and pharmacology courses, through either the practical nursing program or post graduate courses approved by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Nova Scotia
- General computer proficiency
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification (annual re-certification required)
- Demonstrated accountability
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills
- Motivated with a strong customer service orientation building solid health care client/partner relationships
- Demonstrated judgement and decision making skills
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Commitment to promoting a culture which supports safety, ethical practice and organizational health
- Physical capability to perform the duties of the position
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Availability to work all shifts
- Travel to other sites may be required
PREFERRED (considered an asset):
- Recent related experience in an acute care setting
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AS PER CURRENT CUPE HEALTHCARE COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT AND AVH POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND PRACTICES.
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is selected
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records Check as
well as a Child Abuse Registry Check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced environment policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.