Clinical Resource Nurse - District Emergency
Reporting to the Director of Interprofessional Practice, the Clinical Resource Nurse (CRN) is responsible to facilitate the clinical, educational and professional development of nurses at AVDHA, and to promote evidence informed practices, and safe, effective nursing care in accordance with the Standards of Nursing Practice within the context of person centred interprofessional care to optimize patient outcomes. The CRN may also take on the role of Professional Practice Leader for Nursing, as appointed by the Director.
The Clinical Resource Nurse ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the support that is provided by the work that they do and through the messages they deliver.
- Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Current ACLS, PALS and TNCC
- 5 years recent clinical leadership experience as educator, clinical specialist or advanced practice nurse in relevant clinical specialty
- Knowledge of standards of care/ practice and ongoing professional clinical development through various modalities
- Ability to work within Microsoft Office suite and relevant clinical computer applications.
- Ability to operate and assist others in the operation of relevant clinical equipment
- Advanced Clinical Practice in relevant nursing specialty
- Knowledge of Principles of Adult Learning
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including ability to work as a team member and ability to foster collaborative relationships
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement initiatives and evidence informed practice.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Self directed with ability to organize and prioritize with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated accountability and responsibility.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational, prioritizing and time management skills
- Motivated with a strong customer service orientation building solid health care client/partner relationships
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health.
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment.
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position.
- Travel may be required.
PREFERRED (considered an asset):
- MScN; Emergency or Medical Specialty
- Eligible for registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia
- Completion of an adult education/facilitation course or equivalent
- Completion of a Leadership Program
- Project Management
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
Terms of Employment as per current N.S.N.U. Collective Agreement and AVH Policies, Procedures and Practices
Position to commence as soon as suitable candidate is selected
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records Check as well as a Child Abuse Registry Check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.