Assistant Manager - District Perioperative Services
Reporting to the District Manager, Surgical Services, AVH, the Assistant Manager supports the work of the manager and program areas with a focus on managing all related Information Systems and employees, including Bookings and the Patient Access Registry for Nova Scotians. Key responsibilities include leadership, problem solving, mentoring and project management.
The Assistant Manager will enable full scope of practice; promote a supportive work environment and service that encompasses ethics, organizational health, population health, quality, risk and safety as part of both the program and site accountabilities.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is required.
- Current or eligible for registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia
- Minimum 5 years recent related experience in Perioperative Services
- Progressive leadership and/or management experience
- Ability to work within Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare structures, environments and services;
- Demonstrated communication skills, both oral and written;
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills;
- Demonstrated abilities related to staff and program development and evaluation;
- Demonstrated networking, negotiation and change management skills;
- Demonstrated organizational skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development;
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment;
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment;
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position.
- Travel will be required
PREFERRED (Considered an Asset):
- Baccalaureate degree related to management.
- Masters Degree in Nursing.
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
Terms of Employment as per AVH Policies, Procedures and Practices
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is selected
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records Check as well as a Child Abuse Registry Check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced policy
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.