Ward Clerk - Emergency
Reporting to the District Manager, the Ward Clerk is the initial contact for the unit and ensures clear concise communication and facilitates the flow of information with other facilities, the health care team, visitors, family members and patients. As part of a multidisciplinary team the Ward Clerk provides supportive service to patients, core nursing staff and physicians and works in cooperation with departments within the hospital setting as well as other Nursing units.
The Ward Clerk ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the services they provide and through the messages they deliver.
- Grade 12
- Graduate of an approved office administration course
- Successful completion of a course in medical terminology
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and Email
- Demonstrated accountability
- Demonstrated judgement and decision making skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Demonstrated planning, organization and time management skills
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Travel may be required
PREFERRED (Considered as Asset):
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
*Testing will be conducted on short-listed candidates; results will be factored into the candidates’ overall suitability.
SALARY AND BENEFITS AS PER CURRENT NSGEU CLERICAL COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT AND AVH POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND PRACTICES
Position to commence as soon as suitable candidate is selected
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records Check as well as a Child Abuse Registry Check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced environment policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.