Ward Aide - Medical Unit
Reporting to the, District Manager, Respiratory, ICU & Medical VRH, the Ward Aide provides support to the staff, patient and unit activities, contributing to efficient and effective operations.
The Ward Aide ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the services they provide and through the messages they deliver.
- Grade 12
- One year recent experience in a service environment
- Knowledge and understanding of basic infection control principles and practices
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety measures
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated accountability
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated judgment and decision making skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
PREFERRED (considered an asset):
- Experience in a health care environment
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AS PER CURRENT CUPE HEALTHCARE COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT AND AVH POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND PRACTICES.
Position to commence as soon as suitable candidate is selected.
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records Check as well as a Child Abuse Registry Check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced environment policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.