Reporting to the Site Manager, Valley Regional Hospital, the Staffing Clerk supports the appropriate utilization of human resources for designated District units/departments by scheduling staff, replacing absences, preparing information for submission to payroll, maintaining electronic records, and other duties that facilitate day-to-day operations.
The Staffing Clerk ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the services they provide and through the messages they deliver.
- Graduate of a recognized office administration/ secretarial program is required.
- Ongoing professional development and/or upgrading is required.
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows and all components of Microsoft Office and SAP Systems.
- Ability to develop and maintain documents, spreadsheets and databases.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in a secretarial/general clerical position.
- Previous experience in scheduling/staffing and time administration.
- Previous experience applying collective agreements.
- Demonstrated accountability
- Demonstrated judgement and decision making skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Demonstrated planning, organization and time management skills
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
PREFERRED (Considered an Asset):
- Preference will be given to those with an applicable undergraduate degree.
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
Testing will be conducted on short-listed candidates; results will be factored into the candidates’ overall suitability.
Terms of employment as per current NSGEU Collective Agreement and AVH Policies, Procedures and Practices
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is selected.
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records check as well as a child Abuse Registry check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced environment policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted