Senior Finance Clerk
Responsible to the Tri-District Manager, the Senior Finance Clerk carries out assigned accounting functions within Financial Shared Services. The Senior Finance Clerk will exhibit sound professional judgment and initiative while working within the framework of the objectives of the department and South Shore Health, South West Health and Annapolis Valley Health.
The Senior Finance Clerk ensures that the principles and practices that guide the District Health Authority such as the vision, mission, values, strategic directions, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the support that is provided by the work that they do and through the messages they deliver.
- Completion of a recognized University degree in Business Administration with a focus in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 1 year recent related experience working in the General Ledger
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Expertise with the development and maintenance of documents, spreadsheets and databases and the use of computerized financial accounting systems is required.
- Knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Knowledge of MIS guidelines
- Knowledge of the accounting cycle
- Ability to analyze and reconcile accounts within the General Ledger
- Ability to analyze data and prepare journal entries to be entered into the General Ledger
- Demonstrated accountability
- Demonstrated judgment and decision making skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Demonstrated planning, organization and time management skills
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Travel may be required
PREFERRED (Considered an Asset):
- Previous experience in a health care environment
- Experience working within SAP
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AS PER CURRENT NSGEU CLERICAL COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT AND AVH POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND PRACTICES.
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is found
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Record Check as well as a Child Abuse Registry Check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced environment policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.