Reporting to the Director Diagnostic Imaging/CIU, the Radiology Technologist is responsible to provide quality x-ray services in accordance with established policy and procedure for use in the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions.
Rotation to Western Kings Memorial Health Centre (WKM) and Eastern Kings Memorial Community Health Centre (EKM) will be required. Travel may be required to Soldiers Memorial Hospital/ACHC. This position involves shift work, including weekends, nights, evenings and callback.
The Radiology Technologist ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the services they provide and through the messages they deliver.
- Graduate of an approved School of Radiological Technology
- Registered with the C.A.M.R.T. and membership with N.S.A.M.R.T.
- Proficient computer skills
- Proficient knowledge of DI procedures, equipment and processes including PACS and Meditech
- Working knowledge of all aspects of the Radiology Department
- Working knowledge of patient care, apparatus and other technical factors
- Ability to assess patient capabilities and limitations and adjust delivery of care as necessary
- Demonstrated accountability
- Demonstrated judgement and decision making skills
- Strong client focus and ability to build solid client/practitioner relationships
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Demonstrated planning, organization and time management skills
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Travel will be required
PREFERRED (Considered an Asset):
- Mammography experience
- CT experience on Philips MX 8000
- Angiography experience
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AS PER CURRENT CUPE HEALTHCARE COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT AND AVH POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND PRACTICES.
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records Check as well as a Child Abuse Registry Check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced environment policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.