Reporting to the District Manager of Seniors LINCS, the Physiotherapist (PT) works to full scope of practice as an independent practitioner within an inter-professional and collaborative team. The PTparticipates in the provision of holistic, comprehensive care to meet the needs of patients/clients, and in the overall plan of care for the client by providing physiotherapy services incollaboration with the client, his/her support system and the health care team. Such services are provided to the client/patient in the Emergency Department at Soldiers memorial Hospital, their home/community and/or, inpatient/outpatient programs.
The Physiotherapist ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the services they provide and through the messages they deliver.
- Eligible for registration with the Nova Scotia College of Physiotherapists
- Eligible for membership with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Ongoing professional development and competence
- Maintains certification in mandatory programs as required by the practice area and AVH
- Demonstrated education and experience in providing services and supports to older adults
- Computer proficiency
- Thorough knowledge of Physiotherapy practice, with an interest in program development and evaluation skills
- Demonstrated accountability
- Strong client focus and ability to build solid client/practitioner relationships
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Demonstrated planning, organization and time management skills
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Time management skills
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Travel may be required
PREFERRED: (Considered an asset):
Ability to communicate in both French & English
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AS PER CURRENT CUPE HEALTHCARE COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT AND AVH POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND PRACTICES.
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is selected
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records check as well as a Child Abuse Registry check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced environment policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.