Reporting to the Manager, Ambulatory Care and Rehabilitation Services and/or jointly to the manager of another program, the Occupational Therapist (OT) works to full scope of practice as an independent practitioner within an inter-professional and collaborative team. The OTparticipates in the provision of holistic, comprehensive care to meet the needs of patients/clients, and in the overall plan of care for the client by providing occupation therapy services in collaboration with the client, his/her support system and the health care team. Such services are provided to the client/patient in their home/community, inpatient/outpatient programs and/or the Emergency Department at SMH.
The Occupational Therapist ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaborationare integrated within the services they provide and through the messages they deliver.
- Eligible for registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Nova Scotia
- Eligible for membership with the Nova Scotia Society of Occupational Therapists and the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- Maintains certification in mandatory programs (e.g. CPR) as required by the practice area
- Computer proficiency is required
- Program development and evaluation skills
- Demonstrated accountability and responsibility
- Demonstrated judgement and decision making skills
- Motivated with a strong customer service orientation building solid health care client/partner relationships
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Commitment to health and safety
- Time management skills
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment.
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Travel within the District will be required
PREFERRED (Considered an Asset):
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AS PER CURRENT CUPE HEALTHCARE COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT AND AVH POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND PRACTICES.
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is selected
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Record check as well as a Child Abuse Registry check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced environment policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.