Reporting to the Director, Laboratory Services, the Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) works in collaboration with all members of the Laboratory Services team to conduct medical laboratory tests, experiments and analyses to assist in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
The MLT ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the services they provide and through the messages they deliver.
- Graduate of a recognized Medical Laboratory Technologist program
- Eligible for licensure with the Nova Scotia College for Medical Laboratory Technologists
- Current membership with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science
- Computer proficiency
- Demonstrated accountability
- Demonstrated judgement and decision making skills
- Strong client focus and ability to build solid health care client/practitioner relationships
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
- Self-directed with demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Demonstrated planning, organization and time management skills
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Travel and providing on-site services to other healthcare facilities within AVDHA may be required
- Availability to work weekends and shifts on a rotating schedule
PREFERRED (Considered an Asset):
- Experience in a hospital laboratory setting
- Experience with a Laboratory Information System (Meditech)
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AS PER CUPE HEALTHCARE COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT AND AVH POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND PRACTICES
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is found
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records check as well as a Child Abuse Registry check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced environment policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.