General Maintenance Worker
Reporting to the Director, Engineering and Plant Maintenance, the General Maintenance Worker carries out activities in the installation, maintenance and repair of systems, buildings, equipment and grounds.
The General Maintenance Worker ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the services they provide and through the messages they deliver.
- Grade 12
- Driver’s license
- Ongoing professional development is required
- Ability to use a variety of hand, power and industrial tools for measuring, cutting, welding, and assembling
- Knowledge of applicable safety regulations
- Knowledge of and ability to carry out common maintenance practices
- Demonstrated accountability
- Demonstrated judgement and decision making skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Demonstrated planning, organization and time management skills
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Travel may be required
PREFERRED (Considered an Asset):
- Recent related experience
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
Terms of Employment as per current CUPE Service Collective Agreement and AVH Policies, Procedures and Practices
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is selected
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records Check as well as a Child Abuse Registry Check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced environment policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.