Facility Resource Assistant
Reporting to the District Manager Emergency Services and Patient Flow, the Facility Resource Assistantprovides coordination of and support to the daily operations of the Patient Flow department, as well as the Valley Regional Hospital site outside of regular office hours, in the areas of utilization and patient flow, urgent communications, and the call back/ call in of staff in response to urgent situations and to maintain appropriate staffing levels.
The Facility Resource Assistant ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the vision, mission, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the support that is provided by the work that they do and through the messages they deliver.
- Graduate of a recognized office administration/ secretarial program is required.
- Completion of a Medical Terminology course or equivalent
- Minimum three (3) years experience in an administrative support position including previous experience in a hospital setting is required.
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows and all components of Microsoft Office. Expertise with the development and maintenance of documents, spreadsheets and databases.
- Typing speed of 60 words per minute.
- Current knowledge of medical terminology
- Basic knowledge of hospital equipment
- Understanding of the services provided at VRH.
- Understanding of utilization processes
- Demonstrated planning, organizing, prioritizing and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including ability to work as a team member and ability to foster collaborative relationships
- Demonstrated accountability, initiative, and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information, problem solve and utilize good judgment in decision making
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development.
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Some travel may be required
- Availability to work all shifts
- Travel may be required
PREFERRED (Considered as Asset):
- Clerical experience related to bed allocation and patient booking is preferred
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
*Testing will be conducted on short-listed candidates; results will be factored into the candidates’ overall suitability.
SALARY AND BENEFITS AS PER CURRENT NSGEU CLERICAL COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT AND AVH POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND PRACTICES
Position to commence as soon as suitable candidate is selected
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records Check as well as a Child Abuse Registry Check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced environment policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.