District Social Worker
Reporting jointly to the Managers of the Medical and Maternal Child Units, the Social Worker works to full scope of practice as an independent practitioner within a multi-disciplinary team, providing collaborative, patient centered care across the continuum to support the psychosocial and emotional well-being of all individuals (includes families, groups, populations and communities).
The Social Worker ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviours, and the leadership philosophy. Along with organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the services one provides and through the messages one delivers.
- Master of Social Work with recent experience in an acute care setting
- Registered or eligible to be registered with the Nova Scotia Association of Social Work
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Competence in assessment, intervention (individual and family) and research
- Demonstrated accountability
- Demonstrated judgement and decision making skills
- Strong patient focus and ability to build solid patient/practitioner relationships
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Demonstrated planning, organization and time management skills
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Travel may be required
PREFERRED (Considered an Asset):
- Recent related experience in an acute care setting
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AS PER CURRENT CUPE HEALTHCARE COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT AND AVH POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND PRACTICES.
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records check as well as a Child Abuse Registry check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced environment policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.