As a member of the interprofessional team the dietitian contributes to client care through collaboration with health care team providers, sharing nutrition expertise, ensuring quality and continuity of care and supporting a range of health care services.
The successful candidate will work in the Middleton Collaborative Practice (serving Bridgetown, Middleton and Greenwood locations).
Reporting to the Director of Food & Nutrition Services, the Dietitian is responsible and accountable in a collaborative primary care practice to provide competent, safe and ethical professional practice to the patient/client, family, and community. The dietitian advises on diet and food and nutrition across all health sectors. Responsible to provide leadership in team efforts to support the nutritional health of the patient, client/community through health promotion, disease prevention, treatment, support and rehabilitation. The dietitian is responsible to participate in the Integrated Dietetic Internship program, including but not limited to preceptoring dietetic interns.
The Dietitian ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the services they provide and through the messages they deliver.
- B.Sc. Major in Nutrition/Dietetics
- Completion of an approved Dietetic Internship
- Licensed with Nova Scotia Dietetic Association
- Eligible for membership with the Dietitians of Canada
- Two years recent clinical nutrition experience, working in an interprofessional team
- Ability to work within Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated knowledge of Population Health and Determinants of Health
- Ability to assess, educate and evaluate clients
- Demonstrated Public Speaking skills
- Knowledge of Principles of Adult Learning
- Demonstrated accountability
- Demonstrated judgement and decision making skills
- Strong client focus and ability to build solid client/practitioner relationships
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Demonstrated planning, organization and time management skills
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
PREFERRED (Considered an Asset):
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- Recent related experience in Diabetes Centre and/or Primary Care Community Practice
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AS PER CURRENT CUPE SERVICE COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT AND AVH POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND PRACTICES.
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is selected.
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records check as well as a Child Abuse Registry check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced environment policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.