Reportingto the District Manager for Diabetes Education Centres and the Director of Food and Nutrition Services, the clinical dietitian is responsible for working within a Primary Health Care Team model to provide safe, holistic, competent nutritional care to patients referred for Diabetes Education and Outpatient Nutrition counseling. Acts as a resource and a provider for community nutrition programs. Provides leadership in the evolution of nutrition within defined areas. Supports the mission, vision and values of AVH. Travel to other sites may be required.
As a member of multidisciplinary care teams the Dietitian will be responsible for sharing nutrition expertise and working with fellow dietitians and other health care providers within the district. To provide and assure that patients/clients and communities receive the appropriate nutritional care. This position involves leadership and participation in the Integrated Dietetic Internship program, including but not limited to preceptoring dietetic interns.
- B.Sc. Major Nutrition/Dietetics
- Completion of approved Dietetic Internship
- Licensed by the Nova Scotia Dietetic Association.
- Recent experience with diabetes education and outpatient nutrition counseling
- Proven competency to provide optimal nutrition care within a collaborative practice approach
- Eligible for membership with Dietitians of Canada
- Experience with dietetic internship program and preceptoring.
- Demonstrated abilities in the following areas:
- Critical thinking/problem solving
- Independent Practice
- Effective Oral and Communication Skills
- Ability to use sound professional judgment and initiative.
- Active interest in continued education and self learning.
- Ability to stimulate a keen interest in optimum patient care, and proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment.
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment.
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AS PER CURRENT CUPE HEALTHCARE COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT AND AVH POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND PRACTICES.
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is selected
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records Check as well as a Child Abuse Registry Check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced environment policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.