Reporting to the District Manager for Long Term Care and Placement and functioning as a key member of the department, the Clerk III provides confidential administrative support to the Continuing Care teams of AVH, SSH, and SWH for the placement function, as well as working groups and/or committees as part of a shared service arrangement.
The Clerk III ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the vision, mission, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the support that is provided by the work that they do and through the messages they deliver.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Graduate of a recognized office administration/ secretarial program is required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in an administrative support position
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows and all components of Microsoft Office. Expertise with the development and maintenance of documents, such as spreadsheets and databases.
- Typing speed of 60 words per minute.
- Ability to use a variety of office equipment
- Demonstrated planning, organizing, prioritizing and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including ability to work as a team member and ability to foster collaborative relationships
- Demonstrated accountability, initiative, and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information, problem solve and utilize good judgment in decision making
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development.
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Some travel may be required
PREFERRED (considered an asset):
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AS PER CURRENT NSGEU LOCAL 95 COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT AND AVH POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND PRACTICES.
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is selected.
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records Check as well as a Child Abuse Registry Check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced environment policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.