Assistant Manager - Medical
Reporting to the District Manager Respiratory, ICU and VRH Medical, the Assistant Manager supports the work of the manager and program area. Key responsibilities include leadership, problem solving, mentoring and project management.
The Assistant Manager will enable full scope of practice and promote a supportive work environment and service that ensures the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the vision, mission, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are demonstrated at the front line and within daily activities.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is required.
- Current or eligible for registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia
- Minimum 5 years recent related experience;
- Progressive leadership and/or management experience
- Ongoing professional development and/or upgrading is required
- Ability to work within Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare structures, environments and services;
- Demonstrated communication skills, both oral and written;
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills;
- Demonstrated abilities related to staff and program development and evaluation;
- Demonstrated networking, negotiation and change management skills;
- Demonstrated organizational skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development;
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment;
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment;
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position.
- Travel will be required
PREFERRED (Considered an Asset):
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
Terms of Employment as per AVH Policies, Procedures and Practices
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is selectedOffers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records Check as well as a Child Abuse Registry Check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced policy
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.