Administrative Assistant - Western Kings Memorial Health Center
Reporting to the Site Manager/Coordinator Chronic Disease Management, the Administrative Assistant provides confidential administrative support, works within an administrative team environment, and acts as a liaison between managers, Primary Health Care Director and site employees. The Administrative Assistant also provides district support as Site Telehealth Coordination, Time Administrator role for payroll preparation and administrative support to District initiatives/ committees as related to the Site Manager/ Coordinator Chronic Disease Management position.
The Administrative Assistant ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the vision, mission, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the support that is provided by the work that they do and through the messages they deliver.
- Graduate of a recognized Office Administration/Secretarial program is required
- Minimum of 3 years experience, in administrative support
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows and all components of Microsoft Office
- Expertise with the development and maintenance of documents, spreadsheets and databases
- Typing speed of 60 words per minute
- Demonstrated knowledge of AVH programs, functions and organizational structure.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated planning, organizing and prioritizing and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including the ability to take and transcribe minutes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a challenging workload in an environment where frequent interruptions, multiple priorities, deadlines and concurrent activities occur.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work as a team member and foster collaborative relationships.
- Demonstrated accountability, initiative and ability to make decisions, set priorities, and work independently.
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and use good judgment in decision making
- Ability to independently compile reports and presentation using appropriate computer software
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development.
- Commitment to promote a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health.
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Some travel will be required
PREFERRED (Considered an Asset):
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
Testing will be conducted on short-listed candidates; results will be factored into the candidates’ overall suitability.
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Offers of Employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records Check as well as a Child Abuse Registry Check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced environment policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.