Administrative Assistant - Organizational Performance
Reporting to the Director Organizational Performance, the Administrative Assistant provides confidential administrative support for key organizational functions managed within the Department of Organizational Performance (DOP), department specific projects, initiatives and meetings led by department members. This position also provides key coordination for the Adverse Events Management System (AEMS) administration and time administrator role for payroll preparation.
The Administrative Assistant ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the vision, mission, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the support that is provided by the work that they do and through the messages they deliver.
- Graduate of a recognized office administration or equivalent experience combined with information technology computer program.
- Minimum (3) years experience in an administrative support position
- Medical Terminology
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows and all components of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AVH programs, functions and organizational structure.
- Demonstrated planning, organizing, prioritizing and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including ability to work as a team member and ability to foster collaborative relationships
- Demonstrated accountability, initiative, and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information, problem solve and utilize good judgment in decision making
- Demonstrated ability to manage a challenging workload in an environment where frequent interruptions, multiple priorities, deadlines and concurrent activities occur.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Some travel will be required
PREFERRED (Considered an Asset):
- Experience using the Meditech hospital information system, SAP, SharePoint, and Select Survey
- Previous experience with insurance and claims management
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
Terms of Employment as per AVH Policies, Procedures and Practices.
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records Check as well as a Child Abuse Registry Check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.