Administrative Assistant - Mental Health & Addictions
Reporting to the Managers within Mental Health & Addiction Services and functioning as a key member of the Administrative team and supporting the daily operations of the department, the Administrative Assistant provides confidential administrative support to management, team members, working groups and/or committees.
The Administrative Assistant ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the vision, mission, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the support that is provided by the work that they do and through the messages they deliver.
- Graduate of a recognized office administration/secretarial program is required
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in administrative role
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows and all components of Microsoft Office. Expertise with the development and maintenance of documents, spreadsheets and databases
- Typing speed of 60 words per minute
- Demonstrated planning, organizing, prioritizing and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including ability to work as a team member and ability to foster collaborative relationships
- Demonstrated accountability, initiative, and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information, problem solve and utilize good judgment in decision making
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Some travel will be required
PREFERRED (Considered an Asset):
- Membership in the IAAP (International Association of Administrative Professionals)
- Ability to communicate in both French& English
Terms of Employment as per AVH Policies, Procedures and Practices
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is selected
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records check as well asa Child Abuse Registry check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced policy
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.