Administrative Assistant - District Emergency Services
Reporting the District Manager of Emergency Services/Patient Flow, the Administrative Assistant provides confidential support to the District Manager, Emergency Services/Patient Flow and the Assistant Manager, Emergency Services, while facilitating and coordinating the administrative operations in support of the goals and objectives of the department(s).
The Administrative Assistant ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the vision, mission, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the support that is provided by the work that they do and through the messages they deliver.
- Graduate of a recognized office administration/secretarial program or equivalent experience
- Minimum (3) years experience in an administrative support position
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows and all components of Microsoft Office
- Expertise with the development and maintenance of documents, spreadsheets and databases.
- Typing speed of 60 words per minute
- Demonstrated planning, organizing, prioritizing and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including ability to work as a team member and ability to foster collaborative relationships
- Demonstrated accountability, initiative, and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information, problem solve and utilize good judgment in decision making
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development.
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Some travel will be required
PREFERRED (Considered an Asset):
- Medical Terminology
- Experience using the Meditech hospital information system, SAP, and SharePoint
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
Terms of Employment as per AVH Policies, Procedures and Practices.
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is selected
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records Check as well as a Child Abuse Registry Check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced policy
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.