Reporting to the Manager, Occupational Safety, Health & Wellness, the Administrative Assistant serves as a resource person, providing confidential support for the AVH Occupational Safety, Health & Wellness team and for the Soteria Strains provincial musculoskeletal injury prevention strategy (including the Project Leader, the Working Group, and the Executive Leads).
The Administrative Assistant ensures attention and adherence to the principles and practices that guide Annapolis Valley Health and the Soteria Strains strategy. The AVH vision, mission, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are expected to be integrated within the support that is provided. The principles of collaboration, integration, evidence based practice, sustainability, support of concurrent activities, and assurance that the Soteria Strains work is people centered, cost effective and resource wise are expected to be upheld by the Administrative Assistant.
- Graduate of a recognized office administration/ secretarial program is required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
- CAP (Certified Administrative Professional) OR eligible to write the CAP exam and willing to commit to completing certification within 3 years..
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows and all components of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Publisher , Excel, Word and PowerPoint to develop, edit and maintain documents is a requirement. Ability to use Microsoft Project is an asset. Ability to maintain websites is an asset.
- Ability to conduct internet research.
- Typing speed 60 words per minute minimum.
- Demonstrated planning, organizing, prioritizing and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated interpersonal/networking skills including ability to work as a team member and ability to foster collaborative relationships
- Demonstrated accountability, initiative, and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information, problem solve and utilize good judgment in decision making
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- Demonstrated sound professional judgment, initiative and confidentiality
- Ability to take and transcribe minutes
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Some travel will be required
PREFERRED (Considered an Asset):
- Ability to use Microsoft Project is an asset.
- Ability to maintain websites is an asset.
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
Terms of Employment as per AVH Policies, Procedures and Practices.
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is selected
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records Check as well as a Child Abuse Registry Check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced policy
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.