Reporting to the Tri-District Manager, the Accounting Clerk is responsible for carrying out assigned functional accounting and maintaining the integrity of information within the accounting subsystems in Financial Services. The Accounting Clerk responds to and serves as a first point of contact for customers and vendors.
The Accounting Clerk ensures that the principles and practices that guide the District Health Authority such as the vision, mission, values, strategic directions, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the support that is provided by the work that they do and through the messages they deliver.
- Grade 12
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary business program with an emphasis in accounting
- Minimum one year recent and related experience
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and accounting software
- Ability to use general office equipment
- Knowledge of receivables and general accounting
- Demonstrated accountability
- Demonstrated judgment and decision making skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Demonstrated planning, organization and time management skills
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Travel may be required
PREFERRED (Considered an Asset):
- Experience working within the functional area
- Experience working within Meditech
- Experience in a health care environment
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AS PER CURRENT NSGEU CLERICAL COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT AND AVH POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND PRACTICES.
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is found
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Record Check as well as a Child Abuse Registry Check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced environment policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.