(3) Pharmacy Technicians
Reporting to the Pharmacy Director, the Pharmacy Technician supports patient-centered, outcomes- focused care within an inter-professional and collaborative team. The Pharmacy Technician is responsible and accountable for ensuring accurate, quality and timely preparation and distribution of pharmaceutical products and drugs. The Pharmacy Technician contributes to the promotion of wellness, disease prevention, chronic disease management, and patient autonomy.
The Pharmacy Technician ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the services they provide and through the messages they deliver.
- Minimum of Grade 12
- Graduate of a recognized Pharmacy Technician Course OR at least two (2) years experience as a pharmacy technician in a hospital pharmacy which includes training in dispensing, compounding TPN/chemotherapy preparation, intravenous additive preparation and drug distributions systems.
- Computer proficiency with basic typing skills
- Demonstrated accountability
- Demonstrated judgement and decision making skills
- Strong client focus and ability to build solid client/practitioner relationships
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Demonstrated planning, organization and time management skills
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Travel may be required
PREFERRED (Considered an Asset):
- Hospital pharmacy experience
- Ability to communicate in both French & English
Terms of Employment as per current CUPE Healthcare Collective Agreement and AVH Policies, Procedures and Practices
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is selected
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records Check as well as a Child Abuse Registry Check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced environment policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.