(2) Food Service Workers
Reporting to and under the direction of the Assistant Manager Food and Nutrition Services, the Food Service Worker is responsible for performing routine assigned duties in meal preparation, meal delivery, cafeteria service and cleaning.
Duration of shifts range from four (4) hours to twelve (12) hours and will include weekends and holidays.
The Food Service Worker ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the services they provide and through the messages they deliver.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Food Safety Level 1 ( Food Handlers) required or willing to obtain
- Demonstrated accountability
- Demonstrated judgement and decision making skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Demonstrated planning, organization and time management skills
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Physically able to perform job duties including:
- The ability to lift in excess of 20 kg
- The ability to withstand the demands of walking and standing most of the workday
- The ability to work in an environment with high heat and temperature fluctuations
- Travel may be required
PREFERRED (considered an asset):
- Training or experience in an institutional food service setting
- Ability to communicate in French & English
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AS PER CURRENT CUPE SERVICE COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT AND AVH POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND PRACTICES
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is selected
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records Check as well as a Child Abuse Registry Check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced environment policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.