(2) Care Team Assistants (CTA)
Reporting to the District Manager, Respiratory/ICU and Medical VRH, the Care Team Assistant (CTA) works under the direction and supervision of the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) and/or Registered Nurse (RN), to perform direct and indirect resident care tasks and support functions. Those assigned tasks and functions support the role of the professional staff and the efficient operation of the unit, and are delivered in a safe manner. Assigned roles and responsibilities will be within the care delivery model and based on the needs of the patient population, the health care system, and the RNs and LPNs with whom the CTA works.
The CTA ensures that the principles and practices that guide AVH such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the services they provide and through the messages they deliver.
- Grade 12
- Provincial (Nova Scotia) Certification as a Continuing Care Assistant (CCA)
- Current CPR(C) (within the past year)
- Equipment specific education
- Patient lifts (standing/floor/ceiling)
- Bathing units (whirlpool tubs, showers)
- Other equipment as required
- Effective communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to work well in a team environment with demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge and understanding of professional relationships
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of infection control practices, including use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and WHIMIS
- Knowledge of Adverse Event Reporting
- Computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical demands of the job, including significant lifting and bending
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Knowledge and safe practice of good body mechanics and patient transfers
- Ability to work shift work including weekends and nights is a requirement
- Regular attendance
PREFERRED (Considered an Asset):
- Education/training in geriatric care
- Education/training in dementia care
- Education/training in dealing with patients with challenging behaviours
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AS PER CURRENT CUPE HEALTHCARE COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT AND POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND PRACTICES.
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is selected
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records Check as well as a Child Abuse Registry Check.
AVDHA has a smoke free and scent reduced environment policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.